Saturday, April 25, 2015

A to Z Challenge: V is for Volume 3. (The Subliminal Verses)


I post Slipknot probably once every other month or so, but I don't care.  It's a band I like and you'll have to just put up with that.

Volume 3 was their weird experimental album.  You follow the brutal hatred of Iowa with something that's just...  Different.  It had lower key songs, the subject matter was still messed up, but in a different way, and the had progressed greatly in the realm of sound.

The stand out tracks for me include:

The Blister Exists
Three Nil
Duality
Opium Of The People
Vermilion
The Pulse Of The Maggots
Before I Forget
Vermilion pt 2

Really I do enjoy most all of this album, and it has a really strong beginning half that continues all the way to the last couple tracks.  And honestly, those are good too, but I just don't happen to like them as much.


2 comments:

  1. Ah, Slipknot. They had some real rocking tunes back in the day.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    V is for Vortex (the paranormal kind)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they did. Their newer stuff isn't as great, but I really love almost all of their older songs.

      Delete