Thursday, April 30, 2015

A to Z Challenge: Z is for Ziltoid The Omniscient


Here we are, the last day of the A to Z Challenge.  I hope you guys had as much fun as I did going through this and everybody else's blogs.  I feel like this was an eye opening experience for me, mainly about how few music blogs there are out there.  I'll make sure to tag appropriately next year.

Aight, back to the real stuff.

Devin Townsend is a very talented musician.  You can tell this because he recorded almost every sound you hear on this album, mixed it, and produced it.  He had a few other people who helped out, but when it came down to it, it's almost an exclusively Devin Townsend album.

The album is a story concept.  The story is that a mighty alien known as Ziltoid comes to earth for "your universe's ultimate cup of coffee".

I'm not gonna pick out any stand out tracks here, because as a story album it all ties together to a certain extent.  What I will say is that this is some really solid music that you will probably enjoy.  I mean, you might not, but I like it, and that's what counts.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! We made it. A to Z. Thanks for your participation and hope to see you again next year.

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Co-host
    Z is for Zombie

    ReplyDelete