Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ill Niño - I Am Loco


Band:  Ill Niño
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

So I know I just trashed on fad music yesterday, but let's kick into my personal favorite era of Fad music, Nu-Metal.

Yeah yeah, I don't have much room to talk since I said Nirvana needs to step back from it's high pedestal of god tier music, but I have reason here.  Nu-Metal was the fad everybody hated.  Heck, even some of the people in the scene hated it.  That being said I love it, and here's why.

Firstly you've got the rapid-fire lyrics.  I love fast paced intense music as a general rule and Nu-Metal delivers on that a decent amount of the time.

Secondly there's the simplicity of it.  I could play this music and I really love that.  Heck, I could write this music which makes it even more basic.  It's easy and accessible.

Thirdly it's got the endless hammer of guitar and drums while maintaining the narrative that Rap music is known for.  Maybe not a great narrative, but the vocals are the main driving force in this music.

Honestly it's like Pop music in that regard.  Hyper angry/violent Pop music, but Pop nonetheless.  The simplicity and such just makes it really fun to listen to.

Well this is a little rambley cause it's 3 AM, but who cares.  I hereby dub this month Nu-Vember and it's gonna be a blase.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment