Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Coal Chamber - Another Nail In The Coffin


Band:  Coal Chamber
Genre:  Nu-Metal

I don't suppose I can do a Nu-Metal feature without mentioning one of the biggest comebacks in the genre till Korn took that spot this year.

Coal Chamber was never really a big deal.  The existed on the stage of Ozzfest and some other stuff like that, but aside from covering a Peter Gabriel song they never really rose to very high levels of fame in the same way that bands like Korn, and Slipknot did.  I discovered them via a joke made in a YouTube video and I really wasn't impressed at first.  They had a really psycho vibe that it took me a little bit to get into but once I did I kinda liked what I was hearing.

They broke up in 2003 and honestly I wouldn't have been surprised if that was the end of them but lo and behold one day I was looking at their music and there was a new album at the top of the queue.  Turns out this new album is actually rather fantastic and was a really strong return for them musically.  I look forward to hearing what they end up doing in the future.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment