Monday, January 8, 2018

Slayer - Hand Of Doom


Band:  Slayer
Song:  Hand Of Doom (Cover)
Album:  Nativity In Black II (2000)
Genre:  Thrash Metal

Speaking of NIB II, I looked into it a bit.  While on my prefered streaming service it might be hard, it looks like the only song that it's actually hard to find is Primus' cover of the actual song NIB.  If you search it on Google actually you can see that my post about the song is one of the only locations you can actually play the song.  Hype hype hype!  Honestly I just managed to find it maybe 5 or 6 pages into my Google search, so it wasn't that hard to find.  But yeah, now I'm the number 2 search for it.

But yeah, outside of a really dope Primus cover, there's two major standout tracks for me on this album.  There's SoaD's cover of Snowblind, and there's Slayer's cover of Hand of Doom.

I'll be honest, it took me a bit to appreciate this cover.  It, like Pantera's cover of Electric Funeral, is very very true to the original.  So much so that you might get disappointed by it if you were hoping for a screaming Slayer style song.

The more you listen to it though the more you start to really enjoy what they did to it.  They didn't change the style of the song, but they did manage to produce a much darker tone that the original didn't quite convey.  The drums were slightly more expressive, and the addition of a second guitar helped elevate the song to a wonderful new level.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment