Thursday, January 18, 2018

Insane Clown Posse - Miracles


Band:  Insane Clown Posse (ICP)
Song:  Miracles
Album:  Bang! Pow! Boom! (2009)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

I feel like if I don't start out this post by saying Woop Woop I'm probably gonna go to juggalo jail, right?  So yeah.  Faygo, drugs, ICP, MMFCL.  It's lit fam.

But no, really, this song is what makes most people laugh at ICP.  It has the single worst line they could have possible spit out there, it's just sad.  They have another song, Ghetto Rainbows, that manages the theme a little better I think, but we're gonna talk about Miracles today.  Here's the line.

Water, fire, air and dirt
Fucking magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed

This is why nobody will ever take them seriously.  In a song that was about taking a step back and appreciating the little things in life they drop that line about magnets.  Now, while I don't entirely know how magnets work myself, it's also not really difficult to do a little research to know, right?  Google existed in 2009 my dudes, it's a beautiful tool.

My juggadudes though, they didn't have time for that.  They were too busy coming up with those dope lines like "Music is all magic, you can't even hold it".

Imma be honest, I do rather enjoy their music.  It's just some nice dumb fun kind of stuff I can get into when I just want to have goofy music on, ya know?  Not this one so much though.

Aaaaaa, I had already finished this post, but then I found this.

In an interview from 2010, Violent J admitted:
"I think we might have misused the word miracle. These things we mentioned in the song, they can all be explained. But what we’re doing is appreciating them."


Yeah, this is the best part.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment