Monday, January 22, 2018

Ded - FMFY


Band:  Ded
Song:  FMFY
Album:  Mis•An•Thrope
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

Recently, as you may have noticed from yesterday's post, I've been falling back into my Nu-Metal trench.  I can't help it man, it's just some of my favorite music, ya know?  The power and energy it brings to the show is just straight up jaw dropping at times.  Sure it can be incredibly disappointing too, but all music has that.

My surprise band that hit me last year was Ded.  I didn't anticipate having the opening band of a show manage to pull me in quite like these guys managed, but I was pleasantly surprised.  What bums me out a little bit is that I'm not the biggest fan of the whole album.  While I love this song and Anti-Everything, the rest of the album falls into the category of bands I don't enjoy as much.  It's been a while since I listened to it though, so I really should give it another listen before I pass too hard judgement.

I do look forward to the next album though, because watching bands evolv in their sound is a freaking blast, ya know?  There's so many little things you can watch come and go while they cut out their sound from the rest of the bands in their genre.  And hey, if they decide to fall into the general generic sound of their genre, maybe whatever they do will be good enough to stand out as the good generic.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment