Thursday, November 30, 2017

Nu-Vember: Powerman 5000 - Footsteps and Voices


Band:  Powerman 5000 (PM5K)
Song:  Footsteps and Voices
Album:  New Wave (2017)
Genre:  Nu-Metal, Industrial

So I generally wouldn't sit these guys in the Nu-Metal spectrum, but I feel like this song is close enough for this.  Hype time, this is a fresh track from the rather enjoyable band PM5K.

When these guys put out a new album in 2014 I was pretty sure it'd be their last one.  Not cause it was bad, but it also wasn't anything new.  This album on the other hand is a really solid entry into their catalogue.  I'm a huge fan of the sound they had on Anyone For Doomsday, but after a while though that sounds got a little stale.  This new album sounds a lot more along the lines of straight up Metal tracks, Rock tracks, and all kinds of stuff.  It's a really cool change to a band whose sound was heavily ruled by traditionally industrial noise.

Sid Vicious In A Dress is for sure one of my favorite tracks on the album, but in the spirit of keeping it Nu-Metal I decided to go with the song that actually sounded like that.  Good times y'all, check out the album if you're a fan of PM5K, Rob Zombie, or the new wave of Limp Bizkit where they got all angry.  It's worth a listen.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment