Monday, November 27, 2017

Avatar - Hail The Apocalypse


Band:  Avatar
Song:  Hail The Apocalypse
Album:  Hail The Apocalypse (2014)
Genre:  Groove Metal

So my brother and I actually liked this song enough to incorporate aspects of it into one of our new tunes.  The main riff with that little rev up thing, that's so freaking cool.

Once again, as per the my usual criteria, bands with a good gimmick work.  In this case, their gimmick is just a really strong frontman.  Like, look at this dude, this is amazing.  The only real downside I've seen is that his vocal work, while really good, doesn't always hold up well live.  I'm willing to accept that though, as I'm not likely to see them, haha

Looking into them, it kinda looks like they picked up a following by making a song about The Queen Of Blades from Starcraft.  So yeah, that's a good way to pick up some people, that's a huge community.  I'm planning on giving it a listen, I'll let you know someday how I like it.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment