Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Motörhead - White Line Fever


Band:  Motörhead
Song:  White Line Fever
Album:  Motorhead (1977)
Genre:  Speed Metal

Obligatory R.I.P. Lemmy, bassist extraordinaire and one of my bass idols.

Back in the Week Of Evil I made some comment about a band that was doing new things for the era.  I wanna say it was probably Bathory.  Well obviously I did some looking into so I could make sure my broad sweeping statements were mostly accurate, and I was reminded that Motörhead was rather active for quite a while before Bathory.  I wasn't about to let that kill my statement though, cause early Motörhead is not nearly as harsh as early Bathory.

In fact, outside of generally lower quality a lot of it sounds like a more aggressive Led Zeppelin, ya know?  The general feeling of it just felt really similar to me at least.

It's a rather fun song though, I'm more than a little happy with what it sounds like, it gives me hope toward listening to the older material.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment