Saturday, November 18, 2017

Rick Ross - Dead Presidents


Artist:  Rick Ross feat. Future, Jeezy, Yo Gotti
Song:  Dead Presidents
Album:  Rather You Than Me (2017)
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

This song is a wonderful example of my hearing the flow of a song, but having no clue what's being said.  I have this problem sometimes where I'll just ignore the lyrics to a song and focus on how it sounds.  This isn't usually a huge issue, but when it comes to Rap I've been screwed over once or twice because of it.

I went to show my mom a 2 Chainz song once that I love a certain piece of, and it turns out the flow I loved came from the most crude part of the song.

The same thing is true here honestly.  I absolutely love the first few bars in Future's verse cause of the flow, but lyrically I can see why you might not want to say, play it around kids.  Bums me out, it's such a good flow.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment