Sunday, November 5, 2017

Nu-Vember: Spineshank - Synthetic


Band:  Spineshank
Song:  Synthetic
Album:  The Height Of Callousness (2000)
Genre:  Nu-Metal

Really though, if you're a fan of Nu-Metal you can't afford to sleep on Spineshank.

Look at them, the album was released in the height of Nu-Metal fame, the video is the most Nu-Metal video that ever existed, and the music is a wonderful example of very classic Nu-Metal sounds.

I found these guys in Spotify's related artist section for like, Limp Bizkit or Korn, and it was a solid decision to listen.  They just kinda groove through their songs in a really kinda tense way that just makes it all work for me.  Something that bugs me is when Nu-Metal acts try to use too much screaming.  For the genre, I really feel like it usually needs to be used as an accent rather than the main voice of the music, and these guys blend it together really well.  They kinda sing a little too much for me on some songs too, but I suppose that' just me not wanting to be happy about something, ya know?

Good times though, so check the song.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment