Friday, November 24, 2017

New Release: Portal Ω Phreqs


Band:  Portal
Song:  Phreqs
Album:  Ion (2018)
Genre:  Death Metal

The Metal gods have decided to bless of yesterday on Thanksgiving by giving us a hot new single from Portal, experimental Extreme Metal band from Australia.

Portal was a band my dad and brother showed me a while ago because the singer is an interesting dude.  He wears like, a clock or a wizard hat whenever they play live, and as such fall right into my favorite category of band.  Bands with a gimmick.

Now I'll be the first to admit that bands like this are not for everybody.  They function much more heavily in the noise category than most other metal bands, but I don't really mind that.

This new track for their album Ion (to be released on January 28th) sounds a little different than their usual style.  It's still chaotic though, just in a slightly different way.  I love how it sounds, I can't wait to see what the rest of the album turns into.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment