Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have


Band:  Nine Inch Nails (NIN)
Song:  Something I Can Never Have
Album:  Pretty Hate Machine (1989)
Genre:  Industrial
Language:  Strong

Come on now, who doesn't like Nine Inch Nails first album?  The whole thing is just a straight up work of art.  I mean, at least appreciate an album that helped define a era of weird agery music, yeah?

I come back to stuff like this from time to time because it's just something that speaks to me.  Kinda like the weird art styles I'm attracted to, Nine Inch Nails just has something about them that screams "Hey, I'm really good, love me" in a way I don't know how to tell people.

You very much feel Reznor's raw emotion through so much of his music, it's intense.  There's actually a version of this song played on piano that I'd advise you check out.  It's a very different way to interpret the song that brings light to how uneasy the whole thing feels.  I like it.


follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment