Sunday, April 30, 2017

A to Z 2K17: Z is for ZAYN


Artist: Zayn Malik (ZAYN)
Song:  Pillowtalk
Album:  Mind Of Mine
Genre:  Pop
Language:  Strong

In March of 2015 an event shook the Pop Music community.  Zayn Malik quit One Direction.  I know, I'm as horrified as you, it was a travesty and the fact that it happened was like, hella bad or something.

Ok, I didn't actually pay much attention to this when it happened outside of being kinda happy for the guy actually being able to cut out of the band that was his livelihood at the time.  A lot of people quit bands, but not many manage to actually start a solo career after that.  I kinda expected Zayn to sizzle and die honestly, but if he managed to do his own thing it's not like I'd be pissed, right?

Then in a turn of events that surprised me and may have been a hoax, he turned up on 4Chan.  As one of the pretty boys in a boy band I was amazed he'd publicly visit there, but he did.  He posted a link to the raw audio of this song and asked a lot of people what they thought and such.  Got some feedback, answered some questions, stuff like that.  I really want to believe it was real, but who knows.

A good many people thought it was a hoax because of how the song has some very adult themes compared to what he had put out with 1D.  It's a bit of a bold change though, and it's gone well for him.  Eh, whatever.

He managed to take off pretty strongly though, so good for him.

That'll be the conclusion of my A to Z this year, hope you liked it!



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


2 comments:

  1. Lots of singers who leave boybands change their style a little as not to be compared to the band they were in - like Justin Timberlake did after he left NSYNC (and he turned out quite successful). We'll see how Zayn does. Congrats on finishing the A-to-Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really hope he does well, we'll see how it turns out.

      And thank you, it was a pretty good A to Z!

      Delete