Thursday, April 6, 2017

A to Z 2K17: E is for Evanescence


Band:  Evanescence
Song:  A New Way To Bleed
Album:  Evanescence (Deluxe Edition)
Genre:  Alternative Metal

I'm kinda bummed for this one.  Like, I kinda enjoyed Evanescence's first album a lot.  I didn't really listen to it until it was overplayed to death and such, but I still liked it.  I wasn't a huge fan of their second album cause it felt really laid back though.  Amy Lee has a fantastic voice, don't get me wrong, but I feel like she can't be the main focus of the group.

These guys were right in the forefront of the Alt Metal movement for a while and arguably were one of the more popular acts since they had a lot of success across the board.  I feel like they steppe their sounds back a little too far for my tastes, but that doesn't mean they can't be good.  Just not as good to me.

I miss the rapper mostly, his little bits were fun.

Boom, that's E.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


4 comments:

  1. Not my genre but I came for a listen. I like the voice. My Virtual Vineyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what I've heard from them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on my mood generally, but I'd have to agree with you

      Delete