Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A to Z 2K17: J is for J. Cole


Artist:  J. Cole
Song:  Deja Vu
Album:  For Your Eyes Only
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

While I may not care for all the rappers my friend Jozy tells me to check out, I can't deny that they're good either.

J. Cole is one of those guys that keeps putting out music that is good, but I just don't like it.  I guess what I want from Rap is a more Trap-ish sound.  Lots of bass, angry or harsh rapping, stuff like that.  Cole doesn't do that though, he's smooth and smart.  Unfortunately I'm not there yet, but I hope to be sooner than later.  Dude's got bars.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


4 comments:

  1. its great that you can appreciate good things about an artist even if they aren't your taste.

    My A to Z:
    Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned my lesson when I realized all the music I love now is music I hated for no reason in the past. Figured the least I can do is give all of it a chance, right?

      Delete
  2. Absolutely, Noah! My brother went to a heavy metal concert with his teenage son, though he hates heavy metal, as a father-son thing. And really, my nephew could explain beautifully why he loves it if asked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure though, there's always reasons to like something. I love Metal so I totally get where your nephew is coming from, haha

      Delete