Thursday, July 14, 2016

Winds Of Plague - One Foot In The Grave


Band:  Winds Of Plague
Genre:  Deathcore
Language:  Strong

There's a certain appeal to Deathcore that just nothing special.  I'm not sure why, but the predictable chanted choruses and merciless chugging followed by decent breakdowns is just something that I really like.

Don't get me wrong, the vocals actually have to be decent or else it's just generic and annoying.  There's not excuse for generic music and generic vocals.  One or the other I can deal with, but not both.

Winds Of Plague doesn't sound super generic so I can live with it happily.  I dig these guys because they incorporate a certain level of symphonic crap that isn't totally trash.  A lot of bands try to pull sounds like that off and just sound overdone, but while these guys might over do it from time to time it's not always bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment