Monday, July 25, 2016

Soilwork - Rejection Role


Band:  Soilwork
Genre:  Melodic Death Metal

Melo-Death is a really interesting style.  It's got all the harshness of Death Metal with a lot of the smooth groove...  Groovy type stuff.  I swear, I was going somewhere with that, I just don't remember where it was I was taking it to.

Soilwork though.  Tell me another band that pulls off synths in Metal as well as these guys and CoB manage to.  The synth work manages to help fill out the sound in a way that you don't usually catch in music like this.  Don't get me wrong, you can fill out a full sound with just the guitars, drums, and bass but it's a different sound.  The great thing here is that the synths don't take away from the edge that the music has.  It's still hard music, it just has a different flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment