Saturday, July 9, 2016

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years


Band:  Iron Maiden
Genre:  New Wave British Metal, Heavy Metal

I love Iron Maiden so much.  They were one of my favorite bands when I was first getting into my "Oh look, I'm so edgy" phase.  My friend Alan introduced me to them and back then I was all "Nah man, these guys seem a little rough."  He then told me to listen to Insane Clown Posse and if I was still thinking these guys were too much then He couldn't help me.

Luckily for me at the time I never listened to ICP back then, I waited a while before I poluted my musical taste with them.

Maiden though, I always forget how much I really love their stuff.  I really wish I could say their bassist was an inspiration to me and my play style, but he played in a way that was so far above my level back when I first started listening to them that I didn't even pretend I could play his stuff.  Heck, I probably still can't play it, though I might be closer than I was then.

This song is fantastic though, so please enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment