Friday, March 24, 2017

Album Review: Fit For An Autopsy - The Great Collapse


Band:  Fit For An Autopsy
Album:  The Great Collapse
Genre:  Deathcore
Language:  Strong

I'm aware that since this album came out on the 17th I'm a little behind to really be reviewing it, but screw that.  I wanted to take the time to listen to the album and since I'm not paid to blog that went a little on the back burner.

I'm really bummed that I took so long to really check this album out though, as it really adds a really strong entry to their catalogue.

I wasn't super excited about these guys when I first saw them.  I remember when they hit the stage I just assumed they were gonna be another generic Deathcore band.  To be totally honest, I wasn't wrong.  They are mostly what you'd assume your standard issue Deathcore band would sound.  The issue is that not many bands of the genre manage to meet the bare minimum of what they need to do.  Fit For An Autopsy manages to not only meet this level, but surpass it.

There's some tracks on this album really stand out to me.  Heads Will Hang, which was their big reveal song that I featured here before, is just good.  I love the riff that goes through the song, it makes me really happy.

And Iron Moon.  Freaking Iron Moon man, that song is so fantastic.  When I heard it start I immediately saved it.  So freaking good.

Yo, the chorus on Black Mammoth?  That gang vocal choir thing?  I can have more of that in my Metal anytime you wanna give it to me.  It wasn't overused in the song or anything, it was there just enough to add a really awesome element to the song.  It lifted it up from a good song to a great song.

Then there's Empty Still.  It's all chill and ambient for a lot of it, but the vocals stay harsh.  They don't make the mistake of trying to sneak a clean singing song into what they do because they know that's not what their fans are after.  Especially after the fiasco that was the Suicide Silence fanbase reaction.

All in all I rate this album a really solid 8/10.  I've been really bummed out recently with the fact that none of my favorite artists have been releasing anything much, but then this gets dropped straight on my head.  Really good Deathcore guys, props to you.  It's only 40 minutes to listen through it, so do yourself a favor and check it out.



follow me on facebookFollow Me On Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment