Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A to Z Challenge: D is for Dream Theater


Band:  Dream Theater
Genre:  Progressive Metal

I'll be honest, a lot of Prog music just gives me a headache.  It's not straightforward and when I'm tired and all I want is the mindless churg of Nu-Metal Prog really doesn't work for me.

When I'm awake though and willing to give things the time of day though Prog stuff isn't half bad.  The tempo changes, the weird timing, it's all really nifty.

Dream Theater is good at making their Prog not feel too weird though.  Actually a lot of their stuff reminds me of Rush.  At least the stuff that has videos does.  The song I had planned on posting before I realized it didn't have a video does not sound like Rush at all.

Good band though, solid song.  I'm sure you'll like this a lot more than the 16 minute song I had planned on posting, haha.


Happy A to Z-ing everybody

No comments:

Post a Comment