Monday, September 3, 2018

Fit For An Autopsy - Black Mammoth


Band: Fit For An Autopsy
Song: Black Mammoth
Album: The Great Collapse (2017)
Genre: Deathcore

*In my defense on this late post, I actually had it done, I just forgot to share it.

Hey y'all, today I'm gonna share this song, which until watching the video, the only comment I was gonna make was on the use of gang vocals in the chorus being really cool.  This song came out around the same time as Suicide Silence put out their song Doris, to much criticism over their use of clean vocals in the chorus.  It was the first time the band had done that, and a lot of people didn't think it was a good move.  Then you have FFAA putting out an album that had a lot of that very tastefully used in it, and nobody cared because, spoiler alert, it was done very tastefully.

Instead though, I've discovered the song is about the Dakota Access Pipeline‎ and the fiasco that caused back in early 2017.  I'm not informed enough on all that went down here, so if that's something you're less informed on, I'd advise you look into it yourself and make an opinion based on multiple sources and, preferably, multiple search engines.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor my podcast on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Not my style - never into the 'death growl' singing in some heavy songs. However, I followed the Dakota Access Pipeline resistance as I've been a green and human rights campaigner for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear honestly, I feel like a lot of people care about things like human rights only while it's popular. It's refreshing to find people who actually commit in the long term to it.

      Delete