Monday, July 31, 2017

Israel Kamakawiwoʻole - Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World


Artist: Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
Song:  Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World
Album:  Unforgettable
Genre:  Folk

We're gonna take a second from the mini series I'm running to talk about me for a second.

I don't do too many of these, but I think we're way past due for an update into my life, especially since I've got a lot of changes going down.

For the last 5 years I've worked for Chick-fil-A.  Say what you will about the owners beliefs, but they are a fantastic company to work for.  I made some of my best friends there and learned a lot.  I worked my way up from a part time evening worker, to a full time opener, to a shift leader, and finally these last 8 months I've been the closing kitchen manager.  You know, your typical rags to riches story, but actually nothing like that.

In this time there's been good times and bad, stress and smooth work days.  In the time I was there our store increased in sales by a solid 250% from when I started till now.  All of us put in our time and energy and it was a blast to see the business soar while we all worked toward it.

The two guys here on the left are Nick and Kyle from left to right.  I met Nick on my first night and I met Kyle on my second night.  These two are the only ones left from my original kitchen crew.  There's a couple people from the front still around, and there's a few leaders too, but as far as the people I worked the trenches with these two are it.

Un-pictured are so many people, but I'd love to make a shout out to Kelsey and Jozy.  Jozy was there before me, but he went back to school like, the day before I started.  Kelsey started maybe 2 weeks after I did and I actually got to train her on a couple spots.  She quickly moved past where I was though cause she was driven and I was just kinda there for the ride at first.

Jozy and Kelsey are currently the Back of House directors, with Jozy specializing in scheduling & inventory and Kelsey with employee morale.  They turned out to be some of my favorite people at the store and I'm probably gonna miss working with them the most.

Still though, it's time for me to move to a different field.  I didn't really want to stay in food service anymore, and since I'm going to Toni & Guy in the fall to become a barber I finally have a new direction to try out.  It's good to have a goal again.

Here, have a sappy, sentimental, clichéd song.  It's fantastic.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment