Friday, October 28, 2016

Burzum - Dunkelheit


Band:  Burzum
Genre:  Black Metal

Let's continue to move toward the big wigs in the Metal community with Varg Vikernes, sole member of Burzum.

One of the things people don't always catch about Black Metal musicians is that they aren't all into Satan.  A portion of them, Varg included, are strictly in it in an Anti Christian way from a Nordic perspective.   He doesn't believe in the devil so worshiping Satan isn't really his deal.

I'm gonna be honest, Varg is a guy I can't quite wrap my mind around.  I want to dislike hime because he has some rather intense opinions, but I can't fault the fact that he states his opinions in a rather compelling way.  Don't believe me that a racist Neo-Nazi could be convincing?  Check out his YouTube channel, he's very active, funny, and informative as to his opinions.

Don't get me wrong, I do not support his theology, I'm just letting you check him out.

The fact that he's managed to get past the point in his life that he brutally stabbed his bandmate to death is kinda nice; it's also nice that he's not burned down any more churches recently.  He is also banned from entering France due to the hate speech against literally anybody who isn't European, fun fact.

Is he Evil?  No, I don't think so.  However you can't deny that he's a bit of a weird dude.

He does make solid music though, so I can at least enjoy that aspect of what he does.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment