Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Beastie Boys - No Sleep Till Brooklyn


Band:  Beastie Boys
Genre:  Rap Rock

Every now and then I have a strong of what I believe to be really nice posts, and then I end up crashing by slipping and not knowing what to talk about.  Today though I have some fun trivia so you know this'll be at least halfway decent.

Firstly, let's dedicate this post to my mom.  She works in a church, she leads worship, and she has a weird love for the Beastie Boys.  I remember her telling me not to listen to them because they were a bad influence, but I feel like I listen to enough terrible music that we can admit that I listen to them from time to time.  Heck, Jeff and I even covered one of their songs.

Second thing, here's a cool bit f trivia.  Kerry King, the bald guitarist from Slayer, played the guitar solo in this and a couple other songs these guys have done.  You can tell for a couple reasons.  firstly, he's credited as doing it.  Secondly his style of playing a mountain of the same not very quickly and absolutely destroying the whammy bar is more than a little distinctive.  He sounds like that kid at Guitar Center that knows enough to make a mountain of noise, but not always in a good way.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! You know me so well. I saw the title of the post and was like, "Heyyyy, the Beastie Boys! Wonder what he's going to say about them?"

    I appreciate the dedication, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, haha

      I tell ya, of all the things I never listened to you about, I really don't know why I listened when you said not to listen to these guys.

      Delete