Friday, April 13, 2018

A to Z 2k18: L is for Love and Death


Band:  Love and Death
Song:  Chemicals
Album:  Between Here & Lost (2013)
Genre:  Nu-Metal

I was originally thinking of posting something about Lemmy Kilmister today, since he was one of my favorite bassists before he died at the end of 2015.  However, Mötorhead is a rather popular band, so I feel like that's not enough of a deep cut band.

Love and Death is a band that was formed when Korn's guitarist, Brian 'Head' Welch, left and found religion.  He did some solo stuff, but after a while his band cut down to a much more compact crew, who became L&D.  Personally, I'm a huge fan of the stuff he did with this band.  The music was really tight and just fantastically produced.  He's back with Korn now, helping elevate what they have going on as well.

These guys kicked in when I was full bore in my Metal Poser phase though, so I was a huge fan.  Heavy riffs, a Metal icon, and also something I could play around anybody cause it was clean.  Basically perfection.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I really like this band. I have a feeling my iPod will have many more songs on it by the end of this challenge!

    Lose My Mind by The Wanted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! The band has some fantastic songs, Meltdown and Watching The Bottom Fall are some of my favorites.

      Delete