Friday, April 20, 2018

A to Z 2k18: R is for Ringo Starr


Band:  Ringo Starr
Song:  Choose Love
Album:  Choose Love (2005)
Genre:  Classic Rock

Ringo, "starr" drummer of The Beatles!  I'm sure you all know at least who he is, but did you know he did a huge solo thing outside of that?  Like, he's actively to this day putting out music!

It's not bad stuff either.  I came across this stuff by accident one day because Ringo became a sort of punchline to me and my brother's jokes.  One day we managed to take the time to look up what he was doing in the music world.  I only listened (at the time) to the live album I'm linking a song from, but flipping through his discography has just been a great time.

I chose Choose Love because it's just a fun little tune.  When this live album was put out it was one of the newest release so the crowd really gets into it, as does the whole band.  Take the time to appreciate an icon of the rock scene.  He may not be the best singer, but he's a machine of a drummer and a terrific songwriter.

Side note, the people at school convinced the director that today was Earth Day so they could all wear green.  I'm looking forward to seeing if anybody catches on that it's just for 420 and that Earth Day is the 22nd.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what has me laughing harder, that Ringo is today's star for sure, or the Earth Day thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, only one guy wore green then he accidentally got stoned off his face by having his first edible after not even being able to hold himself together with just smoking. It was a good time, haha

      Delete
  2. Ringo was my favourite Beatle, partly as he was the underdog, partly as his own music got ignored when it was actually pretty good.

    Latest post: https://rolandclarke.com/2018/04/21/s-is-for-swtor/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with his stuff, it deserves way more attention then it has

      Delete
  3. I never really was a fan of The Beatles, but I could listen to this. I'll have to look into more of what Ringo has done.

    Right Back in the Water by Jesse McCartney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've personally never been a huge fan either, but Ringo makes the style of music that I enjoyed from them.

      Delete