Sunday, April 8, 2018

A to Z Runner Up: Bravura


Band:  Bravura
Song:  Burst
Album:  Battle Of The Suns (2017)
Genre:  Blackened Death Metal

Welcome to the first runner up on the 2018 A to Z!

First thing I have to address, I love this album cover.  It's just so good, I can't see how anybody would dislike it (as a Metal album at least).  Secondly, I can't pass these dudes up, cause I happen to know the singer.  My dude Steve is fantastic at what he does, which among other things is screaming in such a way that I'm sure he's gonna blow out his voice, but he doesn't.  Like, seriously.  I don't know how he does it, but he's got a psychotic rasp to his voice that just pains me every time I've tried to replicate it.

Then the music.  Bravura is a band that's just filled with incredibly talented musicians.  It's absurd really, since Erie is filled with a lot of kinda sloppy Hardcore bands I don't always remember that a lot of really technical musicians around here.  Bravura managed to snag 5 of them though, and it really comes to light with their music.  They put on a great live show too.  They had one just last night that I unfortunately missed, but they were playing their music while a horror movie played on a screen behind them.  Now that's pretty nifty if you ask me.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


No comments:

Post a Comment