Monday, April 2, 2018

A to Z 2k18: B is for Blindsmyth


Artist:  Blindsmyth
Song:  Wacklige Brücken
Album:  Blind (2018)
Genre:  Experimental Synth Pop
Soundcloud:  soundcloud.com/blindsmyth
Bandcamp:  blindsmyth.bandcamp.com

I'll be honest, I have no information about this dude at all.  I'd never heard of him or his music until the evening of the 29th when I just typed "blind" into the Spotify search bar and after just flipping past all the Blind Lemons of the world I found him.

I gave his music a play and I found it to be wonderfully cool.  Like, it's way more out there then a lot of the stuff I listen to, but that's ok, right?

This song for example.  It almost sounds like it starts with like, a campfire or something.  Then you get some chill horn work, and it builds up till it drops to some weird vocal cut.  All in all it's got some cool eastern vibe to it.

I'm gonna have to pay attention to this dude, it's good music, even if I don't always get it.



Follow my various social distribution spots, eh?

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


10 comments:

  1. This is unlike anything I've ever heard before. Very good though.

    Behind Bars by The Wanted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, stay tuned for my H post, the band I found for that is simply unreal. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I do like the start, I see what you mean about the campfire. It's very mellow.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? A nice calm start to the week. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  3. love a music theme! mine this year is Elvis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I love finding other blogs with a music theme going on.

      Delete
  4. It looks like he's living in Berlin, which makes sense. (I found a bit more info about him here: https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/blindsmyth/biography) I think a lot of this type of experimental electronic music comes from Germany, lately, although there are people all over the world creating these kinds of unique sounds. I really enjoy electronic music, so thanks for sharing this artist, and Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much for the extended info! Berlin really does make sense, good find. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  5. This actually is a pretty cool track. Gotta say, though, I'm a little disappointed you didn't go with Blind Willie Johnson. He may never have gotten around to the point of the song and only twanged the same chord over and over . . . for five minutes straight . . . but back in his day, a listener knew what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blind Willie Johnson is a national treasure, don't you go trashing his most popular track "Dark Was The Night, Cold Was The Ground", haha

      Delete