Thursday, April 19, 2018

A to Z 2k18: Q is for Quinta Essentia


Band:  Quinta Essentia
Song:  Quintessential Holocaust
Album:  Neutrality for Defined Chaos (2006 or 2008)
Genre:  Black Metal
Language:  Honestly don't know, probably something sketchy though.

We're gonna double down today and do a band and song that start with Q.  An 8 minute song no less.

For the last few years I've managed to pull a band out of the air by using the almighty Google.  "Bands that start with..." filling in with the weird letters was my most searched stuff in the month of April last year.

I'll be honest though, I've got no clue about who this band is.  They're a Black Metal act that were formed in the US, so that's a little bit of a fun thing.  I would say it's cool that they managed to take off, but seeing as a misfiling of some work by Bach is overriding any of their song's plays they are clearly the most underground band I'm going to share this month.

Of course, if you're a real Black Metal fan you'll know that the more underground a band is the better they are.  If they have digital distribution, they're too popular.  If they have CDs they're too popular.  They're borderline too popular if they have cassettes.  If you aren't listening to the band in a Norwegian ice cave off a gramophone, you're probably a poser.

Luckily for me, I'm totally a Black Metal poser and am fine with listening to them online and stuff.  I'll be honest, there's some people that get legitimately angry when people try to bring attention to underground bands.  The Black Metal (and generally the Metal community to a lesser extent) get really worked up about for some reason.

I suppose this post is way more about people overreacting in BM culture than anything else, but that's ok.  Now you know, eh?



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


8 comments:

  1. I can't watch the video where I am, but I'm sure they're great. I'll see if I can find them elsewhere.

    Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The easiest spot to find them would probably be the spotify list I have linked. It's not the most desirable music, but it's cool if that's the style you're into

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid nothing is working for me today, so I cannot hear this band. I shall go and try P instead :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it wasn't working, YouTube's auto uploads seem to not work well at all for most people

      Delete
  3. I can hear them, but even though they are too double "Q", they are too scary for me and I'm getting out of here! Congrats on the double Q find though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't think this would be a huge hit for most people, but I couldn't pass up on the double Q

      Delete
  4. Something else for me to discover. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete