Monday, April 23, 2018

A to Z 2k18: T is for Those Poor Bastards


Band:  Those Poor Bastards
Song:  Old Pine Box
Album:  The Plague (2008)
Genre:  Gothic Country
Language:  Brief

If you don't enjoy Those Poor Bastards at least a little bit, I'm legitimately concerned for you.  This band (at least their older material) is some of my favorite music I've had the fortune of being shown.

I'm personally not a fan of Country music on the whole.  There's some artists I enjoy, but all in all it's just not stuff that I like.  Those Poor Bastards bringing in Gothic Country though, that's some really cool stuff.  It's the lo-fi sound I'm really into though.  There's some really twangy stuff they've put out that I'm not as in love with.

Now their album Satan Is Watching is hands down their best material in my mind, but The Plague is in a similar vein, so it's not too bad either when it comes down to it.

Old Pine Box is just solid, it's got a super haunted sound going on and those lo-fi drums with too much reverb are to die for.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


8 comments:

  1. Noah,

    I've never heard of this group before today. I'm sorry I can't type it because there's a not so nice sounding word in their name. lol They certain have an interesting style. Who knew Ghotic and country would ever meet. I'm slightly curious to check out more of their mewsic, though. You seriously ought to hop over to my place to join today's mewsic party with Monday's Music Moves Me that I co-host. Yeah, I have a hodgepodge of things going in today's post. Don't be shy, we won't bite. Have tunetastic day!

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    A2Z iPad Art Sketch 'T' Turtle Couple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much fun as that sounds, I have a pretty strong feeling that my general style of music might not fly so much, haha

      Delete
  2. I quite like this. His voice is similar to George Ezra, but the music is slightly different!

    Too Close For Comfort by McFly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Never listened to George Ezra before today, but having checked it out now I can for sure hear the vocal similarities

      Delete
  3. New to me as well and my wife who is the country music fan. Darker than usual country but got a mood.

    https://rolandclarke.com/2018/04/23/t-is-for-tomb-raider/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does have a strong mood to it, the dark tone is so cool to me

      Delete
  4. I also was not familiar but I am eclectic and appreciate most music so thanks for sharing.
    https://moondustwriter.com/2018/04/23/traffic-children-atozchallenge-uganda/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad so many people seem to enjoy this post!

      Delete