Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A to Z 2k18: U is for Umphrey's McGee


Band:  Umphrey's McGee
Song:  Made To Measure
Album:  Mantis (2009)
Genre:  Jam, Progressive Rock
Language:  Brief

Out of all the letters I thought I'd have issues with, I really didn't think that U would be one of them.  It turns out that all the U bands that came to mind for me were too popular for me to post.

My dad mentioned Umphrey's though, and that brought back a lot of fun memories from my first MP3 player.  It held about 200 songs and about 20 of them were these guys.  I wasn't as in to their stuff then seeing as I'm not a fan of longer songs, but I can much more appreciate what they bring to the music scene now.  There's a lot of stuff going on in their music, and I'm even able to add some of their stuff to my school playlist



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I really like this. It has quite a jolly vibe.

    Undiscovered by James Morrison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed. They have such a wide variety of music, it's great.

      Delete