Saturday, April 14, 2018

A to Z 2k18: M is for Moon Hooch


Band:  Moon Hooch
Song:  Red Sky
Album:  Red Sky (2016)
Genre:  Brass House

This is one of the bands I was most excited to share with you guys this month.  The discovery of Brass House is one I only made about 2 days before the Theme Reveal dropped, so I included one of the "better known" bands of the genre to intro the whole deal.  Moon Hooch are slightly more under the radar, so they got to land the job of the main A to Z post.  I also already had a plan for T, so Too Many Zooz fell out there too.

There's something just freaking cool about the fact that this band is only 3 people.  I've included a dope live performance here, but the studeo track is also super strong.  Seeing it live makes me realize they didn't layer extra tracks or anything though, it's all able to be done live, and that's really cool.  These guys just rock out this song bring an energy you might not expect from such a small setup with the instruments they have.

Take a listen, it's good stuff.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


6 comments:

  1. This is so cool. I love a saxaphone. It's something that I've always wanted to learn to play, but never got round to it.

    Misery Business by Paramore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think it's got so going for it cause it's just the sexiest instrument. Someday I plan on learning one

      Delete
  2. My dad would've loved these saxophones. That drummer though has really got his work cut out for him though doesn't he. Very cool. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband tried to learn the sax once, but his lips kept cracking so he never got that far. This is a bouncy tune, makes my head bop :)
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - Movie Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame about his lips, but I'm glad you like the song though!

      Delete