Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Notorious B.I.G. - Going Back To Cali


Artist:  The Notorious B.I.G., Biggie Smalls
Genre:  Rap
Language:  Strong

Let's start to round out the year with one of the best rappers there was.  Biggie has some fantastic flow to all his stuff and his some pretty heavy subject matter at times too.  I don't mean to imply that other guys don't tackle big things or anything, I've just been listening to Biggie a little more recently.  Suicidal Thoughts?  That song's heavy as all hell, you can't tell me you listen to that without the end catching you up a little bit.

I love his beats.  It's one of the things that I didn't realize till recently is that you can really tell the people who were touched by Dr Dre and those who weren't.  Biggie's sound is the old school gangster sound that I really really love.  All the beats sound more in line with aspects of Wu-Tang and that's a good direction in my opinion.

Love this dude though, so here ya go.



<follow me on facebook
Follow Me On Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment