Saturday, July 18, 2015

Album Spotlight: Tech N9ne - Everready (The Religion)


Hey look, it's Tech N9ne!  It's the rapper that you're all probably sick of by now!  Heck yeah, the stuff that only I'm still cool with right now!  I mean, I know that probably most of you aren't really into rap, and that those of you who are might be annoyed that this is one of the only rappers I listen to, but bear with me.  It's a really good album.

Artist:  Tech N9ne (and guests)
Genre:  Rap
Language:  Mild to Strong, varies per track.
Themes:  Sex on some tracks.

This is, in my opinion, one of Tech's strongest albums.  That being said, I've only heard 4 of his albums, but that's enough to pick a favorite.

There are songs that I love more than all the rest, but I'll give you the full list of favorite tracks later on.

First off you need to listen to the song No Can Do.  It's hook is just Tech singing "Y'all can't f*ck wit us" is a digitally lowered voice and while you may not like that so much, it makes for a really catchy song.  It's a driving song with a good beat, good for working out and such.

Next we've got Jellysickle.  The beat for Jellysickle just kinda bumps along and with the background vocals it gives a cool fun vibe to the song.  I also really like the higher synth line, it's a synth tone I just really like.  E-40 is featured on this song and what he adds just bumps this song up from good to great.

Now we've got Bout Ta Bubble.  This song is really bouncy and thus, enjoyable.  I don't know why I love this song so much, I just do.

Caribou Lou is a song about drinking a drink so strong that you lose your entire evening. Being the nice guy he is, Tech even hints at the recepie for you. It's half a bottle of 151, 1 cup of Malibu Rum, the the very vague step of "fill the rest of the jug with pineapple juice."  It's a really strong drink obviously enough, so if you're gonna try it make sure to be careful.

My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl is a song that just amuses me.  I don't know what it is, but maybe it's the lead up from it's intro track talking like he's on some sort of game show.

Finally we have Welcome To The Midwest.  I love the beat to this song, what with the acoustic guitar line it has and all.  Also I like the Sinatra-esq chorus.  All in all it's a very enjoyable song.

Alrighty then, let's hit up a track list and give it a listen!  The double stars are what I already talked about, and the single stars are my other favs that just didn't quite make the cut.

Riot Maker*
No Can Do**
Welcome To The Midwest**
Bout Ta Bubble**
Jellysickle**
Caribou Lou**
Hood Connection (skit)*
My Wife, My Bitch, My Girl**
Come Gangsta*
My World*
The Rain
The Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment