Tuesday, July 4, 2017

The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton


Band:  The Clash
Song:  The Guns Of Brixton
Album:  London Calling
Genre:  Punk

Happy independence day to anybody reading in America right now.  I'm like, 90% sure that's all of you, but who knows.

I was really confused when I saw I had scheduled this song today.  I put it here like, 2 months ago and when I found it was next it took me a minute to remember why, then I recalled when I read what the song was about.

The song is about civil unrest in Brixton.  There were riots in the 80s, but this song does predate it slightly, reading into the discontent that was present at the time.

Have fun with the song though, the bass is fantastic.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment