Monday, July 24, 2017

Magic Sword - In The Face Of Evil


Band:  Magic Sword
Song:  In The Face Of Evil
Album:  Volume 1 (also the Hotline Miami 2 Soundtrack)
Genre:  Synthwave

Saturday night, rather than try and sleep in the 6 hours between Saturday evening and Sunday morning jobs, I was on Reddit.  One of the things that got posted was the new Thor trailer and, honestly, I'm rather pumped about it.  I'm glad they finally stopped trying to take Thor too seriously, because I really wasn't a huge fan of the first movies.  This one is really fun looking, check it out here.


But while I was watching it there was something that bugged me.  I knew that I knew the synth line they have in the opening, but I couldn't think of where.  As the trailer went on though I heard the higher synth part rather than just the hit that was used in the beginning and I realized it was one of the Hotline Miami songs that I liked a lot.

Took me a second to figure out which one it actually was, but hey, I managed to find it!  If you like this kind of music I heavily advise you check out the rest of the soundtrack to the game, it's a fantastic selection of music.  I'll link a YouTube playlist and a Spotify playlist here, take some time to enjoy it.  It's all music much in the same vein, and possible some of my favorite music.

Quick trivia about Magic Sword, it's 3 guys who dress in masks and robes for their performances to obscure their identities.  I'm a sucker for a good stage show, so this amuses the crap out of me.  It's the same reason I like Ghost, Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Starset, and anybody else who puts on a full identity for their show.  Always a blast.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment