Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Portal - Glumurphonel


Portal.  Such an interesting group really.  I will start by letting you see the singer.

"Look at this clock on my head" - The Curator.

Any band that hires a clock headed man to lead a band of executioners is ok in my book, that's for sure.

So Portal is a band that is really heavy on endless riffs in a lot of songs.  The lead guitarist, going by the interesting name of "Horror Illogium" has said in the past that Portal's intent is "To capture a cinematic horror scope."  Basically, this guys further prove the point that anything from Australia is both badass and terrifying.  I mean, can you show me a borderline grind band that plays in suits?  I don't think so.  (Fleshgod Apocalypse doesn't count because they're Symphonic Death)

Here's a bonus, it's a live video.  The main difference is that in the studio mix it starts a lot more like a dark ambient song.  The more I listen to it, the more I think I need to obtain a physical copy of an album.


I don't think Glumurphonel is a real word, but that just fits what my brother said before, "Any band that has to make up words to sound scarier is probably a little evil."

Also that's a totally legit quote for anybody who was wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment