Wednesday, May 17, 2017

White Zombie: Black Sunshine


Band:  White Zombie feat. Iggy Pop
Song:  Black Sunshine
Album: La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1
Genre: Groove Metal

I love Rob Zombie's flow in all the music he's been a part of.  He has a couple dud songs here and there, but all in all the things he does are just really solid.  He has this talent of picking up really solid band members and throwing them into a great stage show, just drawing it all together.

This isn't just Rob though, this is White Zombie.  This was the band he was in before he was calling all the shots.  For the most part the sound is incredibly similar.  A little more slide guitar, but that's about it.

One thing I find funny though is that these guys managed to swing the "Female Bassist Stereotype" right on the head.  These guys were in a little before the Nu-Metal craze started full force considering they were around in 85, but they were part of the beginning of it, ya know?  A surprisingly large number of bands in the style have female bassists.  Coal Chamber, Kittie, and of a slightly different style Bolt Thrower and The Acacia Strain all have Female bassists.  Heck, even my brother's band.  This isn't a bad thing or anything, but on the whole that seems to be the most prevalent position.

I just find it funny generally since the Metal scene is really male dominated so whenever there's a chick up there making waves people tend to talk about it more.

Hope ya like this song, it has a clutch bass intro that I love a lot.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment