Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Demon Hunter - Jesus Wept


Band:  Demon Hunter
Song:  Jesus Wept
Album:  Outlive (stylized Ovtlive)
Genre:  Metalcore, Groove Metal

So while all this A to Z nonsense went down my all time favorite band dropped yet another amazing album.

So I suppose it was technically released on March 31st, but even with me getting access to it a little early since I helped back the album I wasn't able to get a solid review thrown together for April 5th.

Since my general rule for reviewing an album is keeping within 1 week of release date I'm not gonna review this one fully afterall, but I will tell you that the album is straight up amazing.  It takes Extremist, the album previous, and just makes it better.

Every Demon Hunter album has at least one song that grinds and burns itself out in a massive way.  Extremist had Death, Storm The Gates Of Hell had the title track, True Defiance had Crucifix, and for this album that song is Jesus Wept.  It's just such a wonderful song.  When they released it as a single it was such a stark contrast to what had been put out previously.  It made me so freaking happy honestly.

I hope you like it.  If you don't still check some of the rest of the album, it's a very nice melodic thing.  Much more singing than albums past.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment