Tuesday, May 16, 2017

ScHoolboy Q - Groovy Tony


Artist:  ScHoolboy Q
Song:  Groovy Tony
Album:  Oxymoron
Genre:  Rap, Hip Hop
Language:  Strong

One of my favorite artists I found last year, ScHoolboy Q has a flow that I don't see too many other places.  There's this dark gritty sound to all of his music that really draws me in.

I'm not sure why, but I always feel like I have to defend why I like certain songs.  For no reason whatsoever I feel like I need to ad some sort of disclaimer to most all Rap and Hip Hop songs as to why I like them.  I feel like this is because I don't know as much about the artists as I post, I generally only like a couple songs.

Rock stuff on the other hand I have generally more information on as a general rule.

Well I like this song a lot because it makes me think of Hotline Miami, one of my favorite video games of all time.  There's this really heavy 80s vibe through the whole game's soundtrack and a lot of this song's beat just makes me think of the HM tunes.  Lyrically even it could be talking about the game, since the game focuses on various masked killers and the song has such lines as "Groovy Tony no faced killer" and the phrase "Blank Face" a lot.  Granted the song is more about a guy that falls down the slippery slope of crime, but I like to attach it to Hotline Miami.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment