Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Queen - We Will Rock You


Band:  Queen
Song:  We Will Rock You
Album:  News Of The World (1977)
Genre:  Classic Rock

So here's how this mini theme is gonna go.  During the week (Monday through Friday) I'm gonna post some of my earlier music interests.  We'll start out with my original jams from when I got my first MP3 that held a whole 415MB of music, and we'll go to the point I got my second iPod.  It's gonna be a trip, and I'm gonna d my best to explain what the music meant to me or at least what I got out of it.

With that, we'll hit Queen.

All the music I started with was from my parents.  All I knew for sure that I liked was classical music.  I had a radio pen that came tuned into some classical station and I kinda stayed there.  When I switched to my MP3 player though I needed some tunes, so I asked my parents to provide some for me, ya know?

So my mom and dad each gave me the same selection they gave my brother.  This is one of the ones from my mom I think.  This song helped me realize I wanted something heavier in the music realm.  The stomps, claps, and gang singing got me pumped up in the same kind of way Metal does.  This wasn't one of the songs that sent me tipping in that direction though, we'll get there soon.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I gave you that one, only because it's not one of my favorites. But Queen definitely ranks up there as one of my favorite bands. "Killer Queen," "Bohemian Rhapsody," and "Somebody to Love" are probably my top three, because (I'm sure you can guess why) killer harmonies as well as incredible musical score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, you didn't give me any of those songs either though, haha

      Delete
  2. There's only one Freddie, although others tried to sing those classics in tribute. Looking forward to seeing where the metal comes in, Noah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freddie was a fantastic vocalist to be sure. The Metal stuff will probably roll out in about 2 weeks, it took me a solid couple years to get into it, haha

      Delete