Thursday, May 10, 2018

Montrose - Bad Motor Scooter


Band:  Montrose
Song:  Bad Motor Scooter
Album:  Montrose (1973)
Genre:  Classic Rock

Now as I write this, I realize I should have gone with Montrose's song Paper Money.  I listened to it all the time, and it put some thoughts in my head about the actual value of most currency.

Instead though I went with Bad Motor Scooter, because it had some fun guitar stuff in it that sounded like a little motor revving.  I already had the post queued up in Buffer, so it's far to late to fix, haha

But yeah, this song, Paper Money, and Rock Candy were the only Montrose songs I ever heard, and that'd be all thanks to my dad.  He had loads of music in this and similar veins that I just never really got into back in the day.  He's moved to new stuff at this point too though, so I have more chances to get caught up on whatever he's into this week.

All in all, I would be remise if I didn't mention Montrose, even though I know nothing about them.  They didn't so much shape my musical taste, but they were 100% in my early playlists in relatively big way.  I mean, when my player could only hold 100 songs, 3 is a decent amount, haha



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Like you, this isn't a band that shaped my musical taste - don't immediatly remember them...barring Paper Moon perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I still like them, but I'm not sure where else I stand with them, ya know?

      Delete