Friday, May 18, 2018

Green Day - Holiday


Band:  Green Day
Song:  Holiday
Album:  American Idiot (2004)
Genre:  Punk Rock

Here's the last artist I could think of from the pre-iPod days of my music.  Honestly I can't really remember if this was back with the mp3 player or if it was on the iPod, but It's close enough to either one, so we'll go with it.

While Green Day put out some questionable music recently (except Revolution Radio), American Idiot was a really solid album.  I had only heard Holiday for the longest time, but that's not too bad since it has a wicked drum groove to it.  One of my earlier Punk influences too, though I'm pretty sure that The Clash managed to beat them out, especially for number of songs and general play time.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved this song. I was pretty pumped when you got me American Idiot for Christmas that one year. "Holiday" has that killer drum part that makes me feel like I could actually play it with some amount of cooredination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd say something about those drums, haha

      Delete