Monday, May 21, 2018

Project 86 - Your Heroes Are Dead


Band:  Project 86 (P86)
Song:  Your Heroes Are Dead
Album:  Truthless Heroes (2002)
Genre:  Post Hardcore

Now I want to clarify, not all the songs I'm gonna share in the next bit are going to strictly be from the iPod dump I got from my guy Matt.  I've already posted some of them, and a couple artists only had single songs.  So to fix that I'm gonna post songs that at least happened quickly after, or were directly influenced by that first jump into the pool of Metal music.

Ya boy was just sitting around, minding his own business, when my friend Matt discovered I had an iPod.  He was super excited about that, and immediately offered to give me a bunch of Christian music, since I was a little light on that at the time.

He brings his laptop to the archery club we were both a part of and proceeded to set me up with a load of music.  As we were going through his entire library and picking out what he thought I'd enjoy he would from time to time say "I don't know, this might be more heavy than you like."  Well I'm not one to back down from a challenge (even if there isn't one), so I told him to let me have it anyway, and that I'd just get rid of it if I didn't like it.

One of the bands that caught me right away was Project 86.  They had a song called The Spy Hunter, which combined with the band name, just kinda was attractive to me.  That song remains one of my favorites honestly, to the level that my brother and I actually covered the song about 3.5 years ago with our band.

My brother was a gigantic fan of the band, so he quickly bought basically all their albums.  This was the first one though, and we hoped it'd have The Spy Hunter on it since the line Truthless Heroes is in the song.

This album is incredibly solid though. It mat not have had the song we were hoping for, but it's so good that doesn't matter.  Out of this album filled with fantastic tunes, Your Heroes Are Dead was a favorite of mine since it was hard enough to make my fledgling Metal obsession happy while also fitting into the playlist I had made for work.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Another band that I've never heard of. But, I like this so thanks, Noah.

    ReplyDelete