Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Daron Malakian and Scars On Broadway - They Say


Band:  Daron Malakian and Scars On Broadway (formerly Scars On Broadway)
Song:  They Say
Album:  Scars On Broadway (2008)
Genre:  Alternative Metal
Language:  Strong

Now I know this band is technically an Alt Metal act, but when I found them they were in a Punk suggestion list.  I don't remember exactly how, but they were.

With that in mind, please listen to the vocals and that guitar line after the chorus and understand why I thought they sounded just like The Dead Kennedys.  Specifically songs like Holiday In Cambodia, cause there's some heavy vibes of that in here.

Turns out Scars On Broadway is a band formed by Daron Malakian, former System Of A Down guitarist and backing vocalist.  Knowing that, I can't help but hear the traditional SOAD harmony work going down here, but I'm not mad about that.  It's actually a sound that really lends itself to what's going on.  Bumped the song up into one of my top 5 in the January/February area, so that's cool.



You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, or even sponsor me on Patreon. No big, do whatever. But yeah, Twitter and Facebook are where I’m most active.

TwitterTwitter  FacebookFacebook  RedditReddit  PatreonPatreon


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you!
    off broadway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just realized all these months later I never saw your comment, I apologize!

      Delete