Sunday, November 26, 2017

Nu-Vember: Islander - New Wave


Band:  Islander
Song:  New Wave
Album:  Violence And Destruction (2014)
Genre:  Nu-Metal

If we're being honest, a lot of what Islander does just reminds me of Deftones and Periphery.  This song for example especially, just the way it flows musically reminds me of general Deftones mellow sound or specifically The Bad Thing by Periphery.

This is a newer band though, which is why I'm including them in the highlight reel that is Nu-Vember.  They're honestly a really solid sounding band, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with.  Their newer album is a lot more straight up Metal than this one, so musical evolution is clearly an option for them.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment