Monday, November 13, 2017

Nu-Vember: Mushroomhead - 43


Band:  Mushroomhead
Song:  43
Album:  Mushroomhead (1995)
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

Here's a song from Nu-Metal icons Mushroomhead who are from Cleveland, a little under 2 hours away from me.  Cause of their vicinity, they actually play in Erie a lot, and I've managed to miss them every single freaking time.  It's incredibly frustrating.

That doesn't stop me from loving their music though, and that's what's important.

43 is a song that, if memory serves, is named after a keyboard setting they use to play the song.  It's a lyrically weird song, but that little trivia bit always makes me laugh a little bit.

The whole song is actually really weird, makes you a little uncomfortable really.  The weird little speech in the beginning coupled with that just plain off synth is just amazing.  I'd advise listening through the song just cause it's worth the experience.  It's a song that relies heavily on sound effects to set its tone and as such feels rather unique.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment