Friday, November 17, 2017

Nu-Vember: Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff


Band:  Limp Bizkit
Song:  Break Stuff
Album:  Significant Other (1999)
Genre:  Nu-Metal
Language:  Strong

So let's be real, as if Nu-Vember wasn't enough to clue you in I have a huge love for Nu-Metal.  I do acknowledge that on the whole the genre is filled with bad bands, but there's one that's worse than some of the others, and I love them the most.

Limp Bizkit.

With their crazy frat bro energy, Limp Bizkit managed to rock the Nu-Metal world in the early 2000s.  A lot of people had bad taste then as seen in this photo, so that really helped Limp Bizkit just hit the stage in a major way.

One thing you can't write off though is that they managed to make some 3 amazingly solid albums to kick off their career.  The others weren't too bad, but the first 3 were better than they have any right to be.  See, Limp Bizkit has some honestly fantastic talent in the group.  The guitarist Wes Borland for example (The dude in the weird outfit) is straight up ingenius with what he comes up with.  The sounds he makes his guitar make are just awesome.

Honestly if Fred hadn't started fighting with other bands they probably would have been doing much better in the main field.  But hey, they (for the most part) make music they enjoy, and that's what counts.  I love it, I jammed to this album for a few months when I finally picked it up.

If you watch this video, you'll see a mess of cameos from various music icons from the 2000s, so that's a fun little "where's Waldo" for ya.



follow me on facebookFollow me on Facebook     Support me on Patreon   Support me on Patreon


No comments:

Post a Comment